How To Restore USB Drive Back To Original Full Capacity/Size

 

How To Restore USB Drive Back To Original Full Capacity/Size

USB pen drive data recovery

USB pen drive data recovery

what is going on everyone got another tech tutorial here to share with all of you. I'm responding to one of my friend's comments on how to restore a USB flash drive or pen drive back to its full capacity or size. This is a 64 gig SanDisk flash drive that's only showing right now 32 gigs. Let me plug it in and show you if I right-click on that and I go to format you can see that capacity it's only showing 32 gigs. So you just go down to your Start button and go into your run command and you type in disk part. This nice little utility and what you want to do now is type in list disk and hit enter. This is going to show you all your disk disk oh is my main SSD drive disk one is my backup drive disk. Two is the flash drive and it's showing 59 gigs right there. 
I know that's my 64 gig flash drive so what I want to do is select that particular drive. If yours shows volume in here then you'll type this as select volume. I'm going to type in select disk 2 and this is very important. Make sure you definitely select a disk that you know is your thumb drive and you do that by looking at the size here. That's going to match up so now that we have this 2 selected with this part there. what you want to do now is type in clean because I know that is my thumb drive flash drive. It said disk parts succeeded in cleaning the disk ok now we have to go in and initialize the disk because it's going to be unallocated and what I mean by that is if I right-click on that and go to format you're gonna see that it says unknown capacity ok and what you want to do is type and create partition primary.
Make sure you type in everything correctly this part succeeded in creating the specified partition. You can just right click on the thumb drive here and choose to format it and now you see that it shows up full capacity 59.6. For the capacity and file system could be NTFS or exFAT either one works fine exFAT. I think is compatible with both Mac and Windows so I'm going to click start and make sure I format only my thumb drive.
Now you guys can see we are back to 59.6 gigs free of 59.6 so there I can click on it. And I have a bus drive back with my full capacity in size so I'm just gonna go out of this minute and go back in. I just want to see if it changed at all it did so I just wanted to refresh that and now you can see disc 2. It's showing up healthy primary partition all good to go here. So there we go that is how you can gain back your full capacity to your flash drive. I hope that helps some of you out if it did share this Tutorial hit that thumbs up button and I'll see you guys next time.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 Comments: