How to Restore USB Flash Drive to FULL Capacity (Fix Corrupted USB Drive)

 

How to Restore USB Flash Drive to FULL Capacity (Fix Corrupted USB Drive)

Data recovery from corrupted drive

Data recovery from corrupted drive

hey everyone this is a tutorial for your sick studios today in this article. I'm gonna show you how to restore your USB flash drive back to its original capacity. Coming up next on your 6 studios so. I have this 128-gigabyte P&Y flash drive and only 30 gigabytes of the free space is available to me to use out of the 128. How do I go ahead and restore the original capacity of this USB flash drive? Well, this is actually really easy but you will need a computer available to you. Let's go ahead and jump over my computer and fix my flash drive right now. 

Ok, so I have my USB flash drive plugged into my computer right now. On the bottom left-hand side of the screen where it says type here to search let's go ahead and type in disk part no spaces. Then under best match is going to appear. Let's go ahead and right click on the disk part and then run as administrator and then this pop-up will come up and press yes and then we'll have a black window appear and I'll say dis part let's go ahead and type in list disk just like that and then press ENTER and it's gonna list all your available storage devices on your computer your external internal hard drives your USB flash drives and disk 4 is my USB flash drive it says 120 gigabytes free I already did this before and I cleaned out my USB flash drive so my free space says 0 but I had like 80 gigabytes where it wasn't being used on my flash drive before so you may see you have a lot of free space that is unused so now let's go ahead and select a disk to clean my USB flash drive is just for I know this because of the size of 120 gigabytes let's go ahead and type in select disk or press enter and make sure 100% you are selecting the correct disk if you are selecting the wrong disk you could be wiping out your entire hard drive so now that I have disk 4 selected and will say that disk 4 is now selected let's type in clean press enter diskpart succeeded in cleaning the disk now if we go to file explorer then go to this PC and we will see our USB flash drive - the H Drive if I right click on it goes up to format and you'll see the capacity is an unknown capacity but what we will have to do is create our partition on this USB flash drive before we can go ahead and use it now let's go back to the disk part window now let's go ahead and type in this exactly create our Titian primary just like that one huh and then press enter this part succeeded in creating the specified partition now if we go back to this PC select our USB flash drive and right click on it and go back up to format, you will see the capacity is now 120 gigabytes and we can go ahead and change the filesystem I'm going to change it over to NTFS so I can record video clips on my xbox one and then I'm gonna go ahead and press Start and this will erase all the data press ok and my USB flash drive is now formatted and it can be used for storage so we can go ahead and click on it and open it up and the folder is empty right now but it is usable so this will also fix your issues if you are having problems with a corrupted USB flash drive so just go ahead and be careful when you're selecting the right drive you don't want to select the wrong hard drive by accident but if this video did indeed help you out fix your USB flash drive back to its original capacity go ahead and leave this video to thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for more tech help tips coming up next I'm your 6 studios

Previous Post
Next Post

0 Comments: